Improving Care and Reducing Financial Stress
A 9-year-old female with a history of depression and anxiety was diagnosed with PANDAS syndrome. The member was missing school and acting out due to symptomatic flares from PANDAS.
- Member now under the care of an in-network provider
- The family has identified an emergency plan for times of physical violence displayed by child
- The family agreed to have the child evaluated by the school district to help identify possible wrap around services
- Family’s financial hardship has been resolved
How Conifer’s Personal Health Nurse (PHN) Helped
- Engaged the member’s parents after receiving a call for assistance with a treatment plan for PANDAS diagnosis
- Recognized that the member’s out-of-network provider was administering infusions of a higher cost medication to treat PANDAS flare ups, putting the family in a financial bind
- Helped locate an in-network doctor and coordinated the use of specialty pharmacy to dispense medication, reducing family’s out-of-pocket costs
Personal. Health. Nurse.
Help members navigate the care continuum to find the right care, in the right setting, at the right time —go beyond episodic case management or chronic disease management.
Our Personal Health Nurses engage members and optimize benefit plan utilization through collaborative care management and heightened health literacy.
Conifer Health’s Population Health Management solutions are powered by ConiferCore® technology, a proprietary platform for:
IMPROVE. HEALTH. OUTCOMES.
Dedicated one-on-one collaboration and care planning with a Registered Nurse
Goal-based programs care for the person, not just the chronic condition
Support members most at-risk for high-dollar or ineffective benefit utilization
Maximize member access to the right care, in the right setting, at the right time