Preventing Complications During Cancer Therapy
A 64-year-old male with stage IV prostate cancer, which has metastasized to bones, was being treated with chemotherapy on an outpatient basis. Additionally, the member struggles with depression and disabling foot and back pain, and was at risk for complications and disease progression.
- No emergency room visits or hospitalizations following his chemo treatments
- Resumed working full time and reports feeling upbeat and ready to beat his cancer diagnosis
- With his renewed outlook, he enjoys his family and is actively pursues his favorite outdoor activities, including hunting and fishing
How Conifer’s Personal Health Nurse (PHN) Helped
- Assisted member throughout his treatment, coordinating with providers and reinforcing the treatment plan
- Provided local resources for mental health support and coordinated with member’s healthcare team to obtain behavioral health and podiatry referrals
Personal. Health. Nurse.
Help members navigate the care continuum to find the right care, in the right setting, at the right time —go beyond episodic case management or chronic disease management.
Our Personal Health Nurses engage members and optimize benefit plan utilization through collaborative care management and heightened health literacy.
Conifer Health’s Population Health Management solutions are powered by ConiferCore® technology, a proprietary platform for:
IMPROVE. HEALTH. OUTCOMES.
Dedicated one-on-one collaboration and care planning with a Registered Nurse
Goal-based programs care for the person, not just the chronic condition
Support members most at-risk for high-dollar or ineffective benefit utilization
Maximize member access to the right care, in the right setting, at the right time